Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the alternator on my 2004 SE Wagon twin cam motor. My problem is that I have one plug left over and cant find what it plugs in to.

Its a greyish plug with 2 wires on it, one brown and one white wire. Its located in the harness that is located behind the upper area of the alternator. Any idea of what it plugs in to. I would imagine it plugs into some component but I cant seem to find it.

Please Help

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Cylinder head temperature sensor probably (if it's a Zetec).
See if your engine temp gauge works to confirm.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
If you stand at the right front tire looking at the engine mount, it plugs in about 4" to the left of the engine mount.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still cant find it?

Me and my son both have been looking for where that plug, plugs in. does it plug into a sensor in the head or into a wiring harness? I looked 4 inches to the left of the engine mount but still cant find it.

Sorry to bother everyone on a Sunday, but I got to get this thing finished for my son.

Also, does anyone have serpentine belt diagram for this engine? 2004 SE twin cam.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry, Yes its a twin cam Zetec motor. Also its a 2002 SE Station wagon. Not a 2004.

Also I found the serpentine belt diagram.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all for the input. I ended up unbolting the alternator and moving it out of the way. It turns out that the CHT has a pigtail that had fallen down behind the alternator. Also got the belt figured out with the diagram and all is back together and running good.

Thanks again everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts