Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows what will be the right way to wash the engine plus everything under the hood? I mean with power washer... cuz the valve cover gasket was leaking and it got very dirty. Anybody knows what will be the proper way to do it? or better to keep the water away from the engine this way? if yes then how to clean the engine and the engine department?

Any advices will help, thanks ahead.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Just make sure water doesn't get in the intake. Everything else is exposed to moisture from the outside air anyway, so there is no need to worry about the battery or alternator getting wet. Just spray the engine down with some purple power, let it sit for a while, and then pressure rinse. You may have to repeat this process for several cylces depending on how dirty the engine is.

Also afterwards make sure you get any water that may have seeped past the sparkplug boots and got into the spark plug valley of the cylinder head, other wise you will one day realize you have a lot of rust down there from boiling the water that gets trapped in there.

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
I like to warm the engine up after washing. It evaporates the water quickly and verifies that nothing broke in the process. But, its not Necessary,If you don't have a cover over the spark plug wires i would check that like mentioned above, but that's about it.

I always use simple green, Its like $3 for a gallon that will wash the engine 50 times. And brake clean or and engine degreaser on the thick grease stuff.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i would watch out with the simple green or purple power is worse!! dont put them on anything polished thats not cleared, it will put spots on it...i like to do half/half with water and simple green!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts