Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is a engine vent. I've heard of it from another post. Is it just a new hood with vents or is it the side fender vents??How much HP can be gained just by doing this???Thanks
FM89'

·
FF Cleaning Squad
11,959 Posts
You looking at a total gain of....

0hp

A carbon fiber hood will make you lighter and possibly make airflow better for a SRI b/c its releasing engine heat, but if you were to put it on a dyno you would see minimal if ANY gains.

As far as fender vents, look at your engine bay and tell me if you can see the inside of your fender. You cant, the fender fents are just for looks.

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
hes right, its just something to make the car look meaner, a hood scoop would help with sri tho, john covered it all i guess[dunno]

·
Registered
950 Posts
um actually you can get up to 30 hp!

·
Registered
489 Posts
yea.. and you can also get 30hp by throwing a turbonator in!!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Also, if you can find some of that new Mountain Dew drink: MDx ... That has been proven to add longevity to your transmission, when you replace your fluids correctly. Hope this helps!

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
i heard if u burp in your tailpipe everyday it hels flean out the emissions on the car, you may look wierd, but i gettin 32mpg in the city

·
Registered
469 Posts
ya, if you run 8 sequential turbonators you should be up to 300whp[hihi]

dont even waste your money on that garbage, thats basically a modified leaf blower.

·
Registered
332 Posts
With EFI stuff like that has NO EFFECT on ANYTHING. It's all controlled by the ECM and sensors... LOL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts