Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2004 5dr 1.8 tdci lx focus...ive had it for about a month and have had no problems with it until tonite...stupidly i decided to go for a wheel spin and heard a massive clunk....now everytime i change gear theres a big knock...my acceleration and steering has been effected and when i start and turn the engine off the car shudders

any advice wud be greats cheers

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Most of the time I'm scared to answer diesel engine problem threads, but I think I can nail this one. You broke a motor mount. I wouldn't be surprised if you noticed a little more shaking when you're in neutral. The suspect mount would be in the rear of the engine. I'm not positive how the diesel is mounted in there, but seeing as Ford uses the same lower rear mount on all the gas engines- it stands to reason that the diesel might also have that mount, or at least a mount performing the same function.

It will be located under the car, at the bottom of the engine near where the transmission bolts in, and will go from the engine to the subframe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks will this be same for uk focus models i dint realise this was a us main webpage lol erm not sure about shakin in nutreaul but wud explain alot lol thanks

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
ok thanks will this be same for uk focus models i dint realise this was a us main webpage lol erm not sure about shakin in nutreaul but wud explain alot lol thanks
Well, we do have UK members, check our regional section. We used to have our overseas engine expert on here, but I haven't seen him in a while. He's not the only one though, and the questions do get answered by qualified people.

I totally agree with 1turbofocus about wishing we had your diesel engines. I like the 2.0 Duratorq better though. Would you believe Ford North America is so anti-diesel that they don't even sell that engine with the Transit Connect here? That's what is the craziest thing IMO. As an electrician, I'd welcome a small diesel engine in that vehicle.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Fer SURE!!!!

It's good with the gas engine, it'd be GREAT with a diesel!

And X2 on the "first thing to check" suggestion, torque it good - and now it shakes, clunks etc. - prob. damaged a motor mount...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts