Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Airaid CAI kit for my 2013 se sedan focus. After about 5 months of having the CAI running in my car, the engine starts to make a "ticking" noise when idling and after the engine is warm. Anyone have any info on this what I can do to fix it?

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
well these are direct injected engines so you are going to hear a lot of ticking.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I heard what sounded like lifter or HLA ticking from mine the other day. it started on a cold-ish engine and went away as it warmed up. I gotta look into how the valve train it set up on these motors, but maybe they're inherently noisy?

There's a fair amount of injector tick on these, but As stated before, it's normal on a DI engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it never did it before I put in the CAI. It ticks loud for a couple minutes, stops, ticks loud again and keeps on that cycle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Could the engines computer be misreading the air flow from the cold air intake? Maybe the it needs a tune for the air intake?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Could the engines computer be misreading the air flow from the cold air intake? Maybe the it needs a tune for the air intake?
Not likely. Unless you've created a leak AFTER the MAF sensor, the cai isn't causing a false reading. You might also be hearing the evap purge solenoid doing its thing.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Could be the evap purge valve...search it here for info...several threads on it recently. Just under the HPFP.

·
Registered
115 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts