Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my SVTF has roughly 50k miles on it, 49235 if you wana get technical, and it seams to have a tick sound to it at idol, kinda like a lifer tick, i was wondering if anyone else has this problem, and what they did to correct it.

[offtopic]
also, i installed a wheel bearing and now it squeaks, the problem lies in the hub assembly slipping out of the bearing innards after install, anyone else have this problem???? looking for some sound advise please, both kinda tick me off. so any and all help would be great. thanks.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have a tick to mine too. I took it to a shop and they said they thought it was just the injectors. the one kid had a new civic SI and i could hear his too when he opened the hood.
Mine has had the tick since i got the car but i have never had any problems with it.
But thats just my 2 cents. :/

·
Premium Member
3,110 Posts
Don't want to sound rude but next time use the search button, you would have quickly found your answer by just doing that. The focus injectors are rather loud, i think everyone on here will say there focus has that "tick" somewhat.

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
does it sound kinda like a diesel? lol

its normal

also with the bearing did you do the front or the rear?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
front bearing, its the press in the knuckle kind, obviously, but anyways, so i pressed it in, and when i went to install the axle, the actual hub piece that presses into the bearing loosened up from the back side of the bearing. I'm not sure where to go from here, it looks as if i might go out and buy new bearings and hubs, or if they are sold after marked with the bearing and the hub installed in the knuckle, ill probably just do that. but I'm sick of buying bearings and having them get messed up after the first test drive.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea it had a snap ring on it, bought that new also. but yea, she's all fixed up now, after another purchase of another bearing and a new hub, she's all set, no more problems. turned out the hub it self, that pressed into the bearing was burned, allowing the hub to spin inside the bearing, letting the race of the bearing slide just a little. but i'm happy theres no more squeaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts