Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATED:
My 03 SVT is making a loud ticking noise only at low speeds. If i am at a stop i can release the clutch almost to the point where it wants to stall out and it will make this ticking noise repeatidly. It also will do it when i engage the clutch from a stop and does it also at low speeds with the clutch out when i give it just a little bit of gas. This problem just started tonight. Any thoughts? This thing is just falling apart.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
This may sound silly, but have a good lookunder the car and around the wheels for a stick, or a loose inner fender well. Does the tick relate to engine speed? Or does it relate to whether the clutch peddle is in or out?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it does not make the noise when the clutch peddle is pushed in. I will check the oil level tomarrow however the fact that it will make the noise when the clutch engages makes me feel its otherwise. If i give it gas or just tap on the pedal it will make the noise once or twice but only at lower speeds up to around 25mph. Again if i let the clutch engage while im stopped to the point where it almost stalls out and hold it there it will continusally make the noise until i start moving or released the clutch.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It almost sounds like the infamous flywheel problem for the SVT... it could also be low fluid level in the transmission itself.

P.S., please stop doing the "almost stall" thing with the clutch, it will kill it quick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts