Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't had my focus long but I've been looking for a project. I was wondering if the 2014 ECOBOOST 2.0 ST engine will fit in the 2002 SVT hatchback? Any info or suggestions welcome.

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. However, as I'm sure you already can guess, it won't be a plug and play swap. It would be awesome if you could get it done, though.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to the Engine & Trans Swap section

This one hasn't been done yet AFAIK, but you can find some threads here commenting on it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I haven't had my focus long but I've been looking for a project. I was wondering if the 2014 ECOBOOST 2.0 ST engine will fit in the 2002 SVT hatchback? Any info or suggestions welcome.
Lets get this party started[drummer]

·
Registered
293 Posts
ive had that idea for awhile too even looked into buying a used st engine but they run like 3- 5 grand just for engine then trying to figure out how to make it run is another thing all in its own but i fairly certain that the mounts are close to the same as our svt foci. you should go for be and awesome swap!

Reactions: felixthecat

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
My question is on trans compatibility.

SVT zetec wouldn't bolt to a duratec trans, and the ST seems to be based on a similar block (ST even has the same balance shaft setup as the 2.3 duratec, with identical BSD kit fitting).

Good chance you'd need the whole drivetrain to make it work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the input and info. I kinda wanna see if I could order a bell housing and awd transmission from Europe if the cost isn't thru the roof.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Thanks for all the input and info. I kinda wanna see if I could order a bell housing and awd transmission from Europe if the cost isn't thru the roof.
It'll be through the roof...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts