Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has been making a very bad knocking noise for a while now. I believe its my valves. I dont know what made my car start doing this. Im afraid my engine might blow up, so I was wondering if an SVT engine would fit into my sedan or maybe the new 2.3 liter? Also do any of you know where I can buy a new engine at?

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
u should get it checked out first...

as far as an engine swap, the svt would fit for sure, not sure if its worth the cash, u would need to do some tranny work. not sure how well the 2.3l would fit but im 90% that it uses the same tranny as our zx3s so that might be easier. ever considering dropping the 2.5L duratec v6 in it? 200 ponies and has been done before.

best bet would be another zetec or the 2.3L is my guess. sorry to hear about ur misfortune tho man that sux!

·
Registered
61 Posts
hey is there a site that talks about the v6 swap? im seriously interested.... price, what all i'd need to change etc...

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
ahh i cant remember who did it off the top of my head, its a lot of work. i think www.clubfocus.net had it as their focus of the month either this month or last. the one they have is an SVT though. ud really have to find a local shop to do the work for u though. run some searches on the internet.

·
Registered
95 Posts
ZETEC3 said:
Horrible idea, this guy is asking about another Zetec or a PZEV so that he'll still be able to drive his car. I highly doubt this guy is gonna want to drop 20-25 grand into it (15 alone on the engine). As far as the other options I would go with another Zetec or the V6, and yes the V6 does use the same transmission.
How many people on here do you think have the 20-25 grand to drop on it? Obviously not many. Don't you think I know that? Think about whether or not someone is serious or not without putting(sarcasm) after what they write BEFORE you jump up their ass. The only reason I said it was because MOST people on here would LOVE that engine if they had the cash to throw at it. And if you are to closed minded to realize that it was a joke S**** You!

·
Registered
248 Posts
If I had 20 to 25 grand to throw at a car, it wouldn't be a focus!

Just my opinion.

I agree with focaltech, bring to ford and have them diagnos the problem. Then work from there.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
If you really want a mover, and are really wanting to swap, got find an SVT Contour V6 and tranny. With little front end modding, they go in. check out www.zx3tuning.com They did it. You could also get a V6 out of a Cougar too.

If you need any help with the V6 engine and building it up, check out www.shoshop.com and go to their SVT Contour pages.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will probably take it to ford first and make sure i need one because i have about 1900 in the engine i have now. If i do need to replace it I will probably get the contour V6 since it will fit in there good and use the same transmission. 200 HP sounds good to me. If I do get the V6 I guess I will try to sell all of the mods I have.

·
Registered
697 Posts
duh_racer said:
Thanks everyone for the replies. I will probably take it to ford first and make sure i need one because i have about 1900 in the engine i have now. If i do need to replace it I will probably get the contour V6 since it will fit in there good and use the same transmission. 200 HP sounds good to me. If I do get the V6 I guess I will try to sell all of the mods I have.
contour or the svt contour?

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
The regular make 175 at the crank but you can find the regulars a lot easier than the SVT. With a few bolt ons you can make some serious power from the regular DURATEC. Check out these sites for the parts
www.batinc.com
www.shoshop.com

Almost all the SVT parts will work on the DURATEC with almost no modding.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If i can find the SVT i will definately get it, but if i cant i will just get the regular. Both of them do use the stock transmission, right? If the duratec uses the same transmission and all i have to do is just buy the engine I will probably go ahead and get it. Does anybody know any sites that sale them or will i just have to look around?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think i'm going to call advanced auto and see if they can get one. I wonder how much more the Duratec SVT weighs than my zetec?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts