Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[???:)] Just curious on how I should go about this next mod to my focus. I have a friend who has a Straight 6 Supra engine, and I want to swap that out with my stock 2.0 Zetec, and run rear wheel drive for it. Any thoughts on how to go about this mass mod!?[???:)] Have a great [drinking] night!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Aside for ALOT of cutting, welding, and just changes to the WHOLE car. If you got the money and the motor go for it. I have seen whackier swaps. The money would be better spend elsewhere. But if its what you wanna do, make sure you have another car for several months. Probably what I would do it. Go to the yards and see if I can find another supra to install in.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no I only have one wiper.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
single wiper mod...thats like 40hp

but all aside, its not gonna happen with MAJOR, and i mean major body work, the supra/tranny combo is not tiny, believe me. as for the firewall, that would need to be knocked back, and so would the center console and dash work, then a custom driveshaft...suspension, matching electronics with ecu, for the money you would be spending, you could buy a supra with single turbo conversion.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'f your willing to put that kind of money into a swap, why not keep it Ford and drop the 4.6 Supercharged Mustang Engine and drivetrain.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
why not just keep it a Focus?

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
That new Focus Fanatics Premier Issue has a few Focus with a v8 engine look at that 1st, LOTS LOTS OF WORK !!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Okay, why do you feel the need to put a supra engine in a focus?? Do you not like the word "FOCUS", you want to call it a "SUPRAFOC" or something like that? I mean if ya wanna do it, go ahead. Just hope you have the time and the MONEY, and I mean MONEY!!

If you wanna do an engine swap, do a V-6 or V-8 engine swap, those can be done, that is if you have the money.

Also, if you do that swap and you havent done stuff to engines before, cept put a intake, or throttle body on, then leave it to the pros!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Yes, why would you wanna put a supra engine in it?
I hope you have money out the arse to be able to do this "engine swap".
Just leave it a Focus.
Minus the one wiper mod half-way up the window.....

·
Registered
793 Posts
Theres no way thats worth doing. Your better option if you have that much money to spend, would be to keep the supra motor, and search for a salvage supra body. Take the money you have for all that and re invest into the supra and restore everything. That would give you a 10 second car. You could probably build two supras using that method with the money it would cost to try, and the keyword is try, to make that motor fit into the focus. Theres simply just not enough room for the tranny and drivetrain even if you could fit the motor, its pretty big. Not trying to be negative, those are simply just the facts

·
Registered
310 Posts
If you really wanna swap out the engine for a Supra engine, just spend the cash in buyin' a Supra or a 300zx or 350z. That is if you're after the horsepower. Swappin' for that kinda engine requires (check your PM) major re-model, to the point where you'll end up with a lifelong debt and not near the actual performance of the engine. If you have the MONEY to spend, go for it, otherwise just modify for a supercharger or turbo. There is really no possible way of Supra swappin, unless you're sponsored. Supra engines aren't made for Focus, and especially the Focus frame, engine bay, suspension and list goes on and on, is made for the wrath of the Supra engine. I used to pro-race Supras, and gettin' them to the horsepower I wanted on the track was time and money enough. Not recommended. Check out other engines along the domestic line that will benefit your car, not damage. Good luck. And PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Unless it's a pure bred race Celica, there's no point. It'd be nice tho'. For the amount of money sucked into swappin' for a Supra engine, why not just buy one, or, again, a 300zx or 350z. Firstly, good luck findin' the Supra engine, and secondly, ya need money funding for the project. A Celica isn't very torquey, but better on long run horsepower. The best thing for the Celica are turbos. All it really needs for street power is a little extra push to the engine.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
it would take a lot more work than putting a V-8 in it just for the fact that an inline six is a lot longer than a V-8. the tranny and rear end arent a problem. But if you insist on a motor swap in a focus, why not a 5.0 Ford? all the parts are availible for the swap, it has been engineered and done. A lot more availible power too.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Don't even waste your time bud!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for all your input guys! I think I'll just do a rebuild on the engine and sell it on ebay to some hopeless kid in CA for twice what I put into it!!! Then dump the V-8 in! [Drinking]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts