Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was considering an engine swap on my 05 ZX3, and i need some advice. i had heard that their was a car made by i think mazda and it contains a V6 Duratec that fits in the focus perfectly with little/no modification. then i also heard about a V8 AWD kit....which is totally bad ass but requires mods up the ass and cost way more time and money then i have. then i saw the European MK2, with its turbo charged 5-cylinder....and im thinking that just might be the best option. but i dont really care for the squared off body style. so my first question is is it possible to drop that turbo 5-cylinder into my hatch? my second, which option would be best? and my final question, is there an AWD kit for the hatch?

·
Registered
78 Posts
may have been a typo but where the heck did u hear about a AWD V8 i think you mean RWD V8 focus. Anyway to tell you the truth if you search around on the forum you will find your answers just read up about everything before you jump the gun with a project.Ok there has been alot of talk about who can build the most affordable but reliable awd kit. Many differnt opinons and ideas are on this site, you should search AWD. But to answer your questions quickly 1) yes anything is possible if you got time and money 2) is alittle harder to answer you have to ask yourself alot of questions, budget, reliablity-do u have another car? can you afford to lose this car if something happens?, how much power are you looking to get if your happy without a monster car then you can make good power from the stock engine.etc.etc. 3) right now i believe that there is no set "kit" for an AWD conversion just ideas, believe me if there was i would of had it already
hope this helps
-Hawkins-

·
Registered
9 Posts
I really don't see why anybody would rip out the engine of an '05 car if is in good condition.

If you keep the Duratec, a turbo kit can be done for a fraction of some insane motor swap.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
No AWD kit exists. Its entirely a DIY, fab and engineer job. Several people that said at one time or another that they were going to do it, but never seen one actually pull it off.

Not saying it can't be done; I seen one picture long long ago, but with no background info on it. You'll just be on your own for the most part.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts