Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is an over done topic, but I tried searching answers, and there is so much to filter through, and my internet is not co-operating with me tonight, so I decided to just post a thread. I have a 2000 SE with an SPI with 200,000 KMs on it, that currently runs, but who knows for how much longer. Because of this, I want to do the swap to a Zetec. Now my car is an automatic, but the donor car I have found is a manual, and I would like to keep my auto trans. Would I be able to do that? Also, any tips, opinions and tricks are welcome.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
yeah but you will need a zetec auto trans flywheel. also get a donor car because you will need all the harness for the motor and back to the fuel pump. let me know if you ever need a hand. And I may have some spare zetec parts [paranoid]

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Justin, I have found a donor car, at a junkyard in Hampton called Jarvis Garage. There is a wagon in there with a good Zetec in it. I'll just have to get the flywheel, cause this car is a 5 spd. I might try and find a donor with a good auto trans, because I would just like to swap everything over.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
could always learn to drive stick. and a flywheel should be cheap if the donor is cheap. I picked up a zx3 for $400 for a winter beater, you just have to keep an eye out.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I worded that poorly, haha. The donor wagon is shot, completely rotter out, but the motor is still good. But I can pick whatever I want off of it for relatively cheap. I just don't want to convert my car over to manual. So I'll have to find that auto trans flywheel.

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
I have a flywheel from the zetec I just took off if you are still interested

1 - 6 of 6 Posts