Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Oil Filter fell off...now piston slap. Car has 48k miles. Engines are reasonable, so plan to swap. Any advice? Do I need the PCM/ECM if the donor engine is a 2014? Would appreciate any advice from people who have done this... Thanks!!!

Old Phart
X2

ONLY caution is to save the old bits until DONE, since occasionally sensors and their plugs can change even within a model year.

You're just swapping the mechanical unit, and the same type bolts right in.

w/ my magic bag
Are you the only one? Or do you have a few others? It'd go faster & more efficiently if you have all your tools that you need & all the parts laid out ready to go. Great to have a few others to bounce ideas off of for the unknowns that might popup. Grab a camera or your phone to take plenty of pictures of. Last motor I did in a garage, get the car up high on 4 jack stands, remove the hood & front bumper cover off. Used a big oil drip pan to drop the motor/trans on & pulled it from the bottom of the car. Great G2g which worked out great. There are a few pix of it in my album pix.

Torretto!
Make sure you have all needed fluids, gaskets, etc... I read a thread that you need the same ecu that came with the motor, but I don't beleive that was correct info, but if you can snag it with the motor for cheap, might as well

1 - 7 of 7 Posts