Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since i have installed my AEM Short Ram intake, my care has a hesitation about it in the motor. Lately my car will hesitate for a bit, then it will stall out. Has anyone ever had this problem? If so, or if not, any ideas on what to do, or if it is my intake or not? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oops, sorry i posted this in with auto detailing, i was in there fishing around and clicked new thread, not thinking.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
do you hear any air leaks? Make sure all the screws are nice and tight.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything is tight. The only problem that i have found is that the hose form the engine running to the intake isn't tight....the clips aren't sticking into the nipple of the tube. Make sense? haha, i hope so. I don't know if that would be the problem, or not.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Make SURE there are NO air leaks in the intake. If it is getting air after the air mass sensor, it will run bad.

If there are cracks, tears, not sealing well, etc..., it will need to be repaired.

Check that out and let us know..., have a friend there to double check the work. It is best to remove to inspect.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright, will do. Thanks for all your help. I will definitely let you know what happens. Again, thanks for your help all.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts