Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has had an ongoing issue with the car sputtering and stalling. It's happened a couple of times once the car get's lower in fuel. I still have approximately 10 liters (2.5 gallons).

It happened the other day when i was getting on the freeway. I guess the fuel shifts in the car, and the supply of fuel seems to shut off. You fill the tank up and it goes away, but with 10 liters still in there, this shouldn't be happening. Still plenty of fuel.

Try starting the car and it just won't go. The other day it stalled and left me on the side of the freeway. I was able to get it started and it to the next exit, where I filled it up, just the car wouldn't go over like 60 kilometers an hour.

It almost seems like there's a fuel pump problem.

Anybody got any ideas?

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
well there was a fuel pump recall on 2000 and 2001 zx3 models but im pretty sure that it covered all foci with the zetec engine seeing as how they use the same fuel distribution system. check and change the fuel filter. there are step by step directions in the how to section of this site i believe and it will only cost about $5 if even that. if that doesnt fix it then you most likely need to go to a dealership and have then fix the pump.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Just call the local Ford dealer with your VIN # and they can see if you qualify for the recall, and also if it has been done yet. Also, make sure the fuel filter is done while its there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts