Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has happened a couple times now. I would be cruising, maybe around 30 mph and all of a sudden my engine would shut off. i wouldnt be changing gears or anything. my steering wheel would lock up an all those engine lights would light up like how it does when you turn the key for power so that you could say, roll up the windows or something like that. I bet this problem is really unsafe. Has this happened to anyone? What are your suggestions?

·
Registered
759 Posts
My suggestion would be take it to a repair shop/dealer, like right now... god forbid you lose control in heavy and fast traffic...

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
cruising as in maintaining a speed while in gear? or cruising as in going down the road in neutral at 30 mph? if the latter...it's been known to happen. it's a problem with the factory tune. get an aftermarket tune and that should take care of it

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Yes, I beleive there was a factory retune for the SVT from Ford. That may fix your problem.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a factory retune from ford and my car does the same thing. It pisses me off, like none other!! My car does it real sporadically, and that makes it dangerous.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sounds to me like thier is a short in the ingition switch. Exspenive repair if not under warentee. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts