Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago my boyfriend installed a 2000-2004 Ford Focus 2.0L DOHC Cold Air Intake in my car.... Everything ran fine as far as we could tell... The next day we had a huge rainstorm and since then whenever I accellerate from a stop it seems as if the car doesn't have enough power, or doesn't get enough air so I have to press down on the gas to get it to go.

Also, when I go a steady speed, usually 30-55 the engine shakes and I either need to slow down or accellerate to get it to stop.

The car has 85k miles on it and I've only had it for about two months. We replaced the spark plugs and the plug cables a week after we got the car. The tires are new also.

I'm not a car person so I don't know much. Please help!

·
Registered
804 Posts
oh boy im hoping it didnt ingest any water but if it did ur gonna need to replace the plugs again

remove the plug boot connectors to see any noticeable water around the seal(remove water if needed) then remove plugs and tell us what they look like also if there is little to no water pour a little marvel mystery oil in the plugs holes so when u restart the car it will help lubriacte and dry and burn out any water

ive had my cold air intake for a while with no problems during heavy rain as most members have also

but there is those few chances the intake was submerged and this happened

good luck hopefully someone else can be more informative on steps to take also

·
Hiyadoin'
1,640 Posts
you replaced the plugs right after you got the car? Start with the plugs, make sure that they are gapped to spec... I gap my SVT plugs to .060, but I'm not sure about your motor.

Plus, checking the plugs will let you know which cylender is missing and give an indication of what the problem is. It could be that one of the plug wires came loose.

the CAI shouldn't make the motor misfire on it's own. ingesting water would make the motor sieze if you got enough in there (and it would stop running altogether).

let us know what happened!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.