Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone I just got a quick question, or maybe just an unfair comparison. Im not sure wich one. I have an 02 zx3 STOCK everything. My Friend has an 02 RSX Stock everything. Now I know there totally different cars and Im not compairing horsepower but his car just seems so much quieter then mine when shifting and accelerating etc.. I didnt know if it was just because his car is faster or bigger engine overall, or is there something I can do to my car or is that how most peoples are? And it dosent seem like an exhaust type of problem or anything.

Of couse it all might be in my head ??

Thanks
JD

[thumb]

·
Registered
753 Posts
RSX stock is built for performance.Focus stock is built for old ladies.RSX is much more money with soundproofing etc.Focus soundproofing is an extra coating of primer,mabye.The two cars are at almost different ends of the car market.NO ONE would shop both.Yea,I like the RSX,but I drive a Focus,'cause I ain't spending every dime I got on my wheels.(lies...)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I was kinda expecting and answer like yours QQQQ , so I guess ill just live with it is there anything that can be done at all to help with the sound dampining , I dont know much about performance and sound etc.. thanks for the reply

JD

·
Registered
51 Posts
The sound most people hear is the gear rollover of the transmission. Changing the tranny fluid to the synthetic from motorcraft usually helps these noisy trannys. The part code for it is something like xt-qs-m5 abc xyz something or other...try a search

1 - 5 of 5 Posts