Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove a motor from 2005 Focus?? I have worked with zetec and splitports but have no idea how to proceed with a duritec.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
How do you remove a motor from 2005 Focus?? I have worked with zetec and splitports but have no idea how to proceed with a duritec.
From the bottom....w/ the car up on 4 jackstands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What secquence do i follow? do i have to remove the intake.manifold before i remove the exhaust manifold. How do i get enough room to take.off the exhaust? Step by step if possible.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
What secquence do i follow? do i have to remove the intake.manifold before i remove the exhaust manifold. How do i get enough room to take.off the exhaust? Step by step if possible.
Why would you need to remove the i/m or exhaust manifold? You'd be either dropping the motor from the bottom or the top. Did you run it out of oil & take out the rods?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The exhaust is one piece. I got the nuts off but i cant get the motor far enought to get the exhaust off the studs. No off roading or abuse. Some kid took the tranny off and left everything else just hang. Im trying to get the motor out so i canreattach the tranny and motor.

·
Registered
369 Posts
If you can’t move the exhaust enough and you disconnected the pipe below the flex pipe, remove the studs and now the exhaust is easily removed. The studs aren’t that tough to remove.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts