Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my focus just rolled over 217k, and when you give it gas (5-7k rpm) it smells of burn oil. I have ordered an upper and lower gasket kit and have a spare block to build before pulling my motor. I know a lot of people use Eagle H-Beam rods, but I haven't seen a lot of talk on pistons. I would like to stick to stock compression, as I don't have a tuner and don't have the resources to make the car run properly if the ratio changes. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

·
FF Affiliate
30,671 Posts
Smell of burned oil doesnt mean a bad engine , Oil leak , emission/blow by hose not connected etc , Have you done a compression test or leak down ?

There are a few sets of Forged pistons out there that will work , all of the name brands will work and work well

As for your Tuning I can help with that with my Remote Tuning , works very well and its easy to do

Tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I might just drive this til it dies. I have a few noisy buckets in the head, compression numbers far from perfect (92-95-100-105). It has 216k on it. Rockers are rusted to the point where you can only jack from the front and rear frame locations, not on the sides. The machine work alone is probably worth more than the car. Only gave $800 for it and already drove it 10k miles. I was hoping to do my first rebuild for learning purposes, but college loans aren't cheap so I should probably just keep driving it.

·
FF Affiliate
30,671 Posts
Actually anything in the 90-95 psi range is about right for the SVT engine , if your smelling oil in the vents then you either have a oil leak or the PCV or valve cover isnt going to the intake any more ???

Tom

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Old post, but you were right, Tom. Valve cover gasket hardened and leaked, and oil pan dripping on exhaust. Great combo!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I sure hope you'll still be selling kits next year when I have money haha. Planning on getting your tune later this year, but student loans are ripping me in 2. At least I got my 67mm throttle body on, that really woke up the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts