Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have been having an issue with my focus with manual transmission occasionally rattling. The car has around 9k miles on it, engine will rattle it is very obvious when i press the clutch it, the rattle goes away, what do you guys think it is ? It happens occasionally on and off it can be quite irritating. thanks !

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi, i have been having an issue with my focus with manual transmission occasionally rattling. The car has around 9k miles on it, engine will rattle it is very obvious when i press the clutch it, the rattle goes away, what do you guys think it is ? It happens occasionally on and off it can be quite irritating. thanks !
Hi Fokus2013,

Rattles are for snakes. :D Have you had a chance to speak with your dealer on this? Once you have an appointment set up, please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location.

Meagan

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just might have to set up an appointment but i am afraid the problem is not consistent it happens on occasional moments so i would end up looking dumb in front of the mechanics when they can't hear what i am hearing. :D Snakes i did research on it, some say it is the throw-out bearing, but that's just crazy the car was new when the problem was noticed and it happens from time to time, if it was the throw-out bearing it would be happening constantly, it doesn't.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
I managed to record the noise these are two videos showing what it sounds like with clutch released and then pressed in . Clutch released in neutral. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3TNP1ApDMLI Clutch pressed in car in neutral - noise gone. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F0DP2QfRvPg
Catching it on video is a great first step. I recommend heading to your dealer, if you haven't already, to show them the video and discuss your vehicle. I also suggest asking for a ride along to demonstrate it. Please let me know when you have an appointment set up.

Meagan

·
Registered
103 Posts
That sounds normal for the MTX-75 tranny. It is called gear rollover and if you search the forum for it you will see several threads about it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i did some research all seem to point back to the inherent properties of the gears of the transmission as termed 'gear rollover' i just might one day take it in if i feel like it is causing any driving issues (none that i have come to find out) the rattling only occurs during idle time.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
i did some research all seem to point back to the inherent properties of the gears of the transmission as termed 'gear rollover' i just might one day take it in if i feel like it is causing any driving issues (none that i have come to find out) the rattling only occurs during idle time.
If you do decide to head in, please keep me in the loop. I'll check out some options. :)

Meagan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts