Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the best kind of performance chip/superchip i could get for a 2003 SE Sedan? curious.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
diablo sport is good thats what i have. its not going to do too much for ya. maybe improve shift points and remove speed govenor. not much powwa is gonna be made outta it. you should prolly start modding other things like the basic xaust and intake little bits like that would make ya much happier playa : )
its your money though.....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey man i'm up for anything! i'm used to a Chevy Lumina...Ford's new to my blood...so i'm tryin to get my feet wet ya know? and you people got a lot of knowledge on the focus it seems...so what do you recommend like...at all? haha. i'm lookin at a 5Zigen exhaust...got any ideas on brands or specific systems? just curious

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
HKS Wo0t! this is gonna turn into a fight. hks is the best some like borla i like hks it sound steathly not to loud but when you get on the gas it sounds mean. if your on a budget magna-flow is really where its at. now you help me in my head thread hey that rymes lol you prolly cant but im sure someone will......
:pationtly waiting: grrr! lol

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
5zigen? Ok, interesting, import car, import parts, domestic car, domestic parts, IMHO.

HKS is a waste unless you just want sound, then get what you want.

Please ignore focus mike, he is a lil crazy.

Brands that are nice include,

Borla, Magnaflow, Bosal, MBRP, Focussport and a few others.

You do not need a chip until you have a few more mods, since you have to run higher octane fuel, no point in using just a chip.

·
Registered
388 Posts
go with whatever floats your boat when it comes to manufactures....whether you have a domestic or not. Brembo makes brakes for all cars but are an Italian manufacture, i don't think you'll hear a corvette or viper guy say, "don't go with brembo, they aren't domestic"

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
the new superchip tuner ownes but is like 800, worth it if your a heavy modder,for the other chips i say check w/ a savy dealer, it depends on your ecu code, some are better than others depending on your ecu cde

·
Registered
919 Posts
I have the Super Chip and I noticed a differance in the power band. It pulls hard once it hits about 3800 and kepps going to about 5800 then drops off slightly. The rev limiter hits around 7200 and I haven't hit the governer yet.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
MAD Performance said:
go with whatever floats your boat when it comes to manufactures....whether you have a domestic or not. Brembo makes brakes for all cars but are an Italian manufacture, i don't think you'll hear a corvette or viper guy say, "don't go with brembo, they aren't domestic"
Your a little partial aren't you.

Nothing is more impressive than a focus covered in 5zigen, tenzo R, HKS etc decals.

Brembo makes high quality parts and are universally known, where as the focus being a cheap car, looks more rice like with all that import BS on it.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
whats wrong with hks, or any other japanese performance parts for that matter? if it helps performance, that should be good enough, right? i would gladly buy imported (ie. hks)parts just like i would be quick to buy domestic (ie. steeda). if it provides the performance that i am after, thats good enough for me.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
focaltec kinda makes sence.But it really does not bother me that much.I mean if i can get more hp out of a import part than i am not going to be held back just to buy domestic.I would rather buy domestic but it does not allways work out that way.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah i'm somewhat favorable to domestic myself. half the reason i got the focus instead of some mazda protege or a honda civic or things of that sort. but i got a friend who told me a 5zigen wouldn't be bad. i've been lookin at focussport a bit...anyone recommend it?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
i thought mazda was owned by ford? doesn't the mazda 3 have an uprated duratec engine in it?

·
Registered
380 Posts
yes it does, its also an updated focus chasis. and they plan on turboing it for 2006 from what i read in car and driver a while ago, wish they would bring the rs to the states....

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
aw ford *****ing sucks. how are you gonna turbo one of their mazdas which has the same engine as their foci. they should turbo the focus also. so much for the focus being one of the best cars in car and driver. sell outs........they need to rethink their gameplan.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts