Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a 03 focus se 2.0 sohc that i use to deliver news papers. I had engine work done @165,000 new (timing belt and a piston had to be replaced)and it ran fine until 187,000 and now it is loosing power and it makes a *** *** sound from the exhaust. as you may be able to tell im not a mech. so i just want to know what ppl think is wrong because im not trying to spend much $$$ on it with it having so many miles.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
sounds kind of like a subaru right?

I would do or have one done (easy to do, especially on the sohc) a compression test and see where that leaves you.

if you have good compression I would disconnect one plug wire (make sure its grounded to some metal somewhere so you dont destroy the coil) at a time and see if it makes a difference... also plugging in each wire before undoing the next. and grab it by the rubber boot... shut the car off each time if you have to.

from there, it will need to be decided if you have spark or fuel, which is a bit more advanced but can be done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we started from the left facing the engine and pulled off the spark plugs and the first 3 pulled the engine down until it almost stalled...but the last one didnt change the engine sound at all.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Do a compression test. you have some issue with cyl 4.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts