Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there all,

First off I'm new to the forum so pardon me if I'm in the wrong thread or something else of that sort!

I've been having some problems with my '03 SVTF recently. My problem is that when I'm driving along and my rpm's are low (1500 - 2200kish) and i'm full into the throttle the car almost feels like I've lost the majority of my power and started to bog. Most of the time if I let off the throttle and go back into the problem doesn't persist for a little while at least. This same exact problem also occurs if I'm fully in the throttle when taking off, it seems to lose power for a bit and comes back or forces me to let off the throttle and then get back in it.

I'm at a loss for what to look for or check so any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!
Chris

·
Registered
65 Posts
Have you changed the fuel filter in the recent past? When was the last time you changed your spark plugs and wires? Is there a Check Engine Light on?

I wonder if it might not be your Throttle Position Sensor (TPS).

Those are a couple of things I would check first.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome!

Moved this to General Tech Chat, better spot for most repair questions.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I'll be doing that tomorrow after school. Inexpensive and probably needs it whether that's the problem or not. If that doesn't help me I'll probably be purchasing a new tps sensor and after that plug wires. Spark plugs should be good, they were changed less than 5k miles ago but I'll check anyways. Is there a possibility of my fuel pump going bad? It only has this problem at low rpms. Once you get past 4k it runs perfectly normal...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Also I have no check engine light. It did come on about a month ago for my MAF sensor, cleaned it and reset the ecu and it hasn't come back..

·
Registered
65 Posts
While I doubt that this would be an issue, when was the last time you changed/cleaned the air filter? Did you check for any obstructions in the air intake tube running from the bumper to the airbox?

What you are describing certainly sounds like a fuel/air mixture issue of some kind to me, but I am sure there are others with far more experience than myself who can chime in on this. I don't know if a vacuum leak might cause these symptoms as well, but it might be worth checking those lines as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts