Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do u guys think I shoud paint red? Wanna liven up my engine bay and I dunno what I should paint. Also, I see people have the like the hose covers... dunno what they are called they are like the little scruchy things that go over the hoses. Where can I get some of those that are red? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
well personally myself i painted the valve cover thats a must and the timing chain cover i aslo painted the top half of the intifreeze water overflow paint the top of the water box and top of fuse box and it should come out looking hot i also used colored convuluted wire cover to spice up the wiring some good luck!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Paint some of the black plastic things, like the fusebox cover and what not.

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
I want to do my to red, so it looks like a Honda red top GSR.....that would be nice.....that's what I would do.

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the ideas... I will post pics when I get it all painted!

·
Registered
373 Posts
Engine bay is to cluttered to have junk painted. Spruce up you engine bay with a Cossie intake manifold!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
HeelToe said:
Engine bay is to cluttered to have junk painted. Spruce up you engine bay with a Cossie intake manifold!
X2

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is on it's way... i'm so excited!!!

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Its called Flex-Loom...you can get it in the RICER aisle at Pep Boys....

Go easy on the paint...accenting is fine, but dont go nuts. I say just the valve cover. I'm going to make Carbon Fiber bits for the commonly painted underhood items...just have to get the lip done first. Have about 15 orders to fill first.

·
Registered
500 Posts

Here is mine, Just did the battery cover and fuse box and coverd as much as I could in the loom. Still think it just looks like a mess, but its the best I could do. I think it matches, I have red neons in my car (just two!!) my sub has red on it, and I plan on gettin the front bar in red. I like the theme! [8D]

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
HeelToe said:
X3!

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's on it's way [:D]

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
FranticFocus05 said:

Here is mine, Just did the battery cover and fuse box and coverd as much as I could in the loom. Still think it just looks like a mess, but its the best I could do. I think it matches, I have red neons in my car (just two!!) my sub has red on it, and I plan on gettin the front bar in red. I like the theme! [8D]
I think the first pic in black actually looks cleaner, that red loom just draws attention to that mess of wires under the hood (I know, I have one of those engines too, and of course this is just my humble opinion - you have to do what makes you happy with your car.)
I think I would go with the valve cover, battery cover, and fuse box and leave it at that...

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Yeah, see...the focus engine is so clutter with wires, Id try to hide them more than shout "LOOK! I HAVE A $HIT LOAD OF WIRES AND CABLES GOING EVERYWHERE!"

I know its just my opinion, but thats just far too overdone...sometimes just a little is worth way more than overdone. Id yank all that loom and paint the valve cover and get CF covers. Or red/black carbon kevlar...

My SVTF is black with red inserts and the only thing red under my engine bay is the radiator/ coolant hoses, AEM CAI and AEM Cam Gear.

·
Registered
500 Posts
mvhudson said:
I think the first pic in black actually looks cleaner, that red loom just draws attention to that mess of wires under the hood (I know, I have one of those engines too, and of course this is just my humble opinion - you have to do what makes you happy with your car.)
I think I would go with the valve cover, battery cover, and fuse box and leave it at that...
At some points I look at it and thing man its to much red but I have also gotten from alot of people that it cleans up the crazy look.. I am really torn between what to do.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Actually the best way to clean up the engine bay would be to grab one of these and drop it in.

[;)]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts