Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off I love my car guys, so this is really perplexing me...Check eng light comes on...saw that the front o2 sensor wire was burnt out...
The car has a tendency u rev it, the car stay revved for a few seconds n then slowly come back to idle, very fustrating when u drive, specially coming to a stop. One minute the speedometer is working then next it doesnt...

I changed both O2 sensors and the TPS sensor, saw one of the vacum hoses loose on the manifold n plugged that in...reset the coputer...start her up...no check light...everything seems fine n then BAM!!!...same thing happening again....

the airflow meter is fine...

really need some good techinal input here...driving me bananas!!!!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Have you checked to make sure the IAC valce and the sensor that plugs into your intake is good, some times if its dirty it can do wierd things like that. A bad 02 should make your car bog sence i dont think it send the car into "safety mode"

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...it's the IAC valve...i cleaned it out but disconnect it...car doesnt rev on it's own any more..when i get the new one i'll replace it...car jus has a lower idle n acts eratic with the a'c on but it eventually settles down...i can live with that until...normal driving the car is responsive...like it suppose to be

·
Registered
415 Posts
good, glad that helped the IAC i think is 60 bux at the most

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, i think my DPFE sensor needs replacing as well...is this a common accurance n is it possible to use silicone hoses in regards to the EGR?...i have codes P1506 and P101

1 - 6 of 6 Posts