Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 SVT. It runs great and pulls strong. But the engine is a little bit noisy. At idle is when I can hear ticking coming from the engine .Im thinking it could be lifters? It only has about 40k Miles on it. Like I said there are no running concerns but if you all think its something unusual I will book an appointment to get it checked out.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
hmm....well i don't know if this will help or not but when was the last time you gave your car a tune up?

i had similar problems with my 05 focus and i changed the oil, new spark plugs and a filter and it ran perfectly fine after that

maybe give that a try

·
Registered
6,175 Posts
well i have a Zx3 non SVT-- mine noisy too. but i had it looked at multiple times and they said it was usual [???:)] --right now its in the shop getting the clutch mastercylinder replaced--i asked the mechanic to make sure its running ok-- ill let you know if the nosie is normal or not-- hopefully in all that rambling i helped

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I don't know about svt, but on mine it's been like this almost from day 1. I was told it's loud fuel injectors. Other than that runs great, only this ticking noise sometimes at idle.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it runs fine and its had a recent tune up. Maybe im just being paranoid but my dad and brother are big honda guys and im used to those engines and they are super quiet like the car isnt even running and my dads civic has the same mileage as my SVT but my cars engine is a heck of a lot noisier.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I know...my mom's sentra se-r runs so smooth at idle. I think it's all in the tuning. I got this PCM update recently and it helped to smooth things out a lot, but still not as good as other cars.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have just been doing some searching on these fourms I guess alot of people say the injectors on fords are really noisy and that there is nothing to worry about. Thats good news to hear.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
I have an 04 SVT. It runs great and pulls strong. But the engine is a little bit noisy. At idle is when I can hear ticking coming from the engine .Im thinking it could be lifters? It only has about 40k Miles on it. Like I said there are no running concerns but if you all think its something unusual I will book an appointment to get it checked out.
Thanks!

Not that there isn't necessarily anything wrong with your car, but the SVT engine is known for its "clicking" - almost diesel-ish, really. Mine certainly clicks/ticks as you describe.

There's at least one other thread here where a number of SVT owners reassure each other that these sounds are normal.

So my guess is that your car is fine.

·
Banned
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 12 of 12 Posts