Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting really bad engine kicks and i've had the mounts replaced. I have no idea what it could be[screwy] [bawling] HELP

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
when do these engine kicks happen?

like eat a stop light when idleing? accelerating? shifting gears? starting or turning the engine off?

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
are the mounts in there properly? they can come loose.

·
Aggresive Not Crazy
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when do these engine kicks happen?

like eat a stop light when idleing? accelerating? shifting gears? starting or turning the engine off?
WOW how'd you guess. i can tap the gas at a stop and it feels like it wants to go. i've look under the hood and pulled on the throttle and literally the whole engine moves. i haven't lifted it to check the mounts, (STEP 2)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
if the whole engine moves..... hmmm..... I believe the passenger and drivers side mounts on our cars are hydrolic, which means they would leak if they went bad. If you see any leaks, it probably means it's time to get some new mounts.

Might want to check the dogbone too. (lower torque mount). That may be causing some unwanted shake when hitting it and shifting.

Oh, and I recommend, that if you have to get replacements, get VF mounts. You can get them here www.c-f-m.com . They're great and they don't cost a lot more than factory. Plus, their polyurethane, so they won't leak.

·
Registered
41 Posts
there's a bolt that connects the back side of the tranny to the subframe check to see if that is still there, you can see it if you look from the passenger side through the rim with a flashlight or jack it up and crawl underneath, had that problem about six months ago found a replacement bolt at NAPA (couple bucks, remember it's metric) coated it good with loctite reinstalled and haven't had any problems since.

Reactions: death_bomber
1 - 7 of 7 Posts