Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
One final update: I finally got the mount off the bracket and replaced it with the new part!

The first photo shows the furthest point the bolt would turn until it eventually just spun in place. The rubber around the metal cylinder was broken and tore off because the bolt itself was seized in the cylinder.

I borrowed my neighbor’s sawzall and the two following photos are after the job was done. It feels amazing to have seen this job through and I’m so thankful to not have to keep crawling underneath my focus (at least not anytime soon).

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 ZX5 2.0, 2004 ZX3 SVT EE. 2004 ZX3 SVT
1,703 Posts
One final update: I finally got the mount off the bracket and replaced it with the new part!

The first photo shows the furthest point the bolt would turn until it eventually just spun in place. The rubber around the metal cylinder was broken and tore off because the bolt itself was seized in the cylinder.

I borrowed my neighbor’s sawzall and the two following photos are after the job was done. It feels amazing to have seen this job through and I’m so thankful to not have to keep crawling underneath my focus (at least not anytime soon).
Good job. Admire your perseverance.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts