Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Please help my knowledge deficit. I have a repair problem. I do not know if this is a good place to discuss or if not do you know where I can get some basic info so I do not go in blind and dumb. I have engine vibration, twice when at an intersection my transmission appears to slip, the transmission shop suggests I need engine mounts. Does anyone know a good garage for this in Durham? or any websites that can possibly give me an idea how much. I work graveyard shift 12 am- 8am so the car is vital. Any feed back is appreciated.

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,612 Posts
There are 3 mounts. The one under the airbox (transmission mount), the one under the car (torque strut mount) and the one on the passenger side (called an insulator by Ford...go figure).

OEM mounts are recommended, but some get by with using aftermarket mounts for the first two. The one on the passenger side should be replaced with Ford OEM mount or you may be wasting your time and money there.

They are all 3 easy to replace as DIY. Lots of information on this forum about how to do it if you are interested.

·
Registered
4,416 Posts
Hi 2003focusKJV,

Please please learn from the mistakes made by others before you (me included). Buy all 3 motor mounts from Ford. Buying them at your local Ford dealership will likely cost way too much. SO, wanna save some money?

Call this guy->
Andy Kochan
Village Ford Inc
23535 Michigan Ave
Dearborn, MI 48124
Local: 313-565-6891
Toll Free: 1-800-982-7278

Also, check this out, a recent price quote->
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502401

Even if you can't do the work yourself, Save Some Money and buy the Ford mounts and bring them to a mech friend or to a professional shop.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts