Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have all the nuts and bolts out, but I can't pull my engine mount up through the threads to get it out. Any suggestions?? Should I jack the engine up from below a little higher?

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
Yes, you must support the engine to get the mount off.

Use a floor jack and a wood block under the end of the oil pan nearest the mount. Just jack the engine up enough to make the support bracket about 1/4" off the frame.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did have it supported with a jack, just not enough. I had to jack it up much higher to get it off, at first I was scared to, but it slid off pretty easy after a little more push from below. However I still hear some knocking engine/suspension noise that I thought was the mount. I really have no clue what it could be now...

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Focus Wagon, Zetec DOHC, Auto
1,589 Posts
Have a look at the other two supports...the dogbone between the engine and firewall and the transmission mount under the airbox.

Also, loosen the serpentine belt while you have the mount off and check all pulleys. Spin them and check for noise and rock them sideways to see if there is any play. Check the belt tensioner too. Make sure it travels freely with no binding at all. Believe it or not, the symptoms of a bad tensioner can be mistaken for a bad motor mount.

·
Registered
17,163 Posts
..............or rod knock at startup. BTDT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts