Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi this happened to me a couple of times now as i parked the car up to go to shops only for about ten minutes or so when i try to start the car it wont start and i saw a message saying engine malfunction service now message but after a few minutes it start ok i am taking the car in for another fault which is when i press the accelerator pedal slightly when i do about 60 mph there is some sort of rattling/tapping noise it only does it when i press the pedal but ones at steady speed it goes quite so dont know if they are linked. I have a focus 1.6 tdci on a 13 plate

kind regards
edd

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi this happened to me a couple of times now as i parked the car up to go to shops only for about ten minutes or so when i try to start the car it wont start and i saw a message saying engine malfunction service now message but after a few minutes it start ok i am taking the car in for another fault which is when i press the accelerator pedal slightly when i do about 60 mph there is some sort of rattling/tapping noise it only does it when i press the pedal but ones at steady speed it goes quite so dont know if they are linked. I have a focus 1.6 tdci on a 13 plate

kind regards
edd
I have had exactly the same problem with my 2013 Focus Zetec 1.6TDCI. I bought the car in November last year. End December had the notification "Engine Malfunction Service Now" and car just would not start. Went back to it 10 minutes later, all ok. Same thing happened again at beginning of March and again all ok after about 10 minutes. Talked to local main dealer who said they hadn't come across the problem before and would be extremely difficult to find the fault unless it was actually present at the time of diagnosis. Grateful if you would advise if you manage to find out what is causing the problem. Likewise I will post any answers if I find one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts