Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a month ago my check engine light came on so I took it to the dealer. At first they told me it was because there was ethanol in the fuel. I told them no, don't even know what ethanol is, and then the reteted it. The second time they told me it was running lean. They reset the code but it keeps coming back. I have the K&N cool air intake, and 2.5" exhaust. If I get a new throttle body, would this fix my problem? Am I correct in thinking that bigger throttle body=more gas for the increase in air i already have?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
bigger throttlebody means more air... take your car to an advance auto, or autozone and let them check it. stupid dealer. or get the dealer to tell you the pcm code that the car is throwing and let us know. we'll tell you what the problem is.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
if it's lean then it's the intake, the maf housing is too big and it isn't metering the air properly.

·
Registered
864 Posts
that or i wold say you need to make sure the cai is tight all the way around it, and there are no leaks anywhere.

My cai, was leaking air in after the maf and is was saying i was lean. i went and tightened all the clamps, then unplugged in the batter for 10 min (to reset the ecu) and plugged it back in, and no more light

1 - 5 of 5 Posts