Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just instaled a Focus Sport intake on My 06 ZX5 and now the engine light is on. Anyone know why this would happen?? I installed it as the installetion sheet said. Re - connected all electrical aswell.

Thanx Bullet

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
About the easiest thing to do now would be to just extract the codes and see what they say.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well either bring it to the dealer to get a the CODE sucked out from a special Machine they have or maybe you have some connection to a person who can do that for you.

you can also try and DISCONNECT THE BATTERY for APPROX. 2-3 Min and see if the light goes off. Yet it will prob come back on.

·
Registered
384 Posts
DJ Lukdogg said:
Well either bring it to the dealer to get a the CODE sucked out from a special Machine they have or maybe you have some connection to a person who can do that for you.

you can also try and DISCONNECT THE BATTERY for APPROX. 2-3 Min and see if the light goes off. Yet it will prob come back on.
Thats not a bad idea, but i woudl try more like 10-15min or remove the battery and hold teh brake pedal for 30 sec and then hok it back up.

Double and triple check all electrical and vacume connections just incase.

·
Registered
593 Posts
This happened to me before. If you forget to reconnect the MAF sensor and start the vehicle it will throw a MIL until you either clear hte code with a scan tool or disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
28 Posts
FucusUnderground said:
This happened to me before. If you forget to reconnect the MAF sensor and start the vehicle it will throw a MIL until you either clear the code with a scan tool or disconnect the battery for about 10 minutes.
Same here, ^^^^
Disconnect it and go for a coffee!! Make sure all is connected as it should be and try again. If the light comes back on, get the code info and fix as needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts