Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey people gotta question

Just put on a CP cold air intake on my 2004 SVT two days ago, and on the way to work this morning, the engine light came on. I checked the conections on the MAF sensor, and made sure the crank case vent was in the pipe. What else could it be. Should I unhook the battery and reset the ECU, or what.
Thanks in advance for all the help

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Its the diameter Of the maf tube. Its like 2mm smaller but thats enough to kick the light on. I had one also but had a tuner that took care of that. The diameter of the maf tube at the sensor has to be the same or the calibration will be off slightly. Or, like i said, a tuner will take care of that also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
What tuner do I need to recal. the MAF. I'm still new to this stuff
Are you talking about the hole the MAF sits in (o-ring seal), or the diameter of the pipe? If I keep running the car with the light on, will it hurt the motor, or the ECU?

·
Registered
503 Posts
I put my AEM CAI on last month and just got a CEL yesterday. All I did was unhook the battery this morning for approx. 20 min. The CEL was gone when I hooked the battery back up. I've been driving all day and no CEL.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
^ yes you should disconnect the battery for like he said 20 minutes to reset teh ecu so it will learn of the new intake it has.

where's hamilton at? i'm near cleveland

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think every one has had this problem at one point with a new intake....I still do, I reset to ecu to get rid of it then after a few days it comes back so I reset it again...lol its a pain in the ass but oh well

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hamilton is 30 miles north of Cincinnati. I disconected the battery and so far the ligth is still out.

·
Registered
503 Posts
It's odd that the CEL should continue to come on a week after the ECU is reset. Perhaps you should have a diagnostics done afterall to see just what code you get. It may be something all together different.

·
FF Affiliate
31,165 Posts
Most autozones and Advance stores check the CEL for free here have it checked to make sure what it is

I have one of the best tunes for the SVT and at the best price 350.00 helps with a lot of the isues the SVT has and makes the SVT perform more like it should , The Predator also has the ability to check and read the CEL as well as reset them

Tom

·
Registered
505 Posts
Yea I know they do that I am just to damn lazy to go there and get it checked lol....when it comes back I may do so, and If I had the money I would get the tune, but Im jobless atm.

·
FF Affiliate
31,165 Posts
I see your in Deland , My Grandparants Summer home was there , I have spent a lot of time there growing up , Have you ever been out the the Pancake place at the springs

Tom

·
Registered
505 Posts
LOL yea I live right by deleon springs...what a small world haha...well I got the code check and it was p1518 so I am assuming that is the DSI...but the DSI clip is still intact, what does this mean for me?

Whats funny is I grew up here, So Im sure Ive run in to you at some point

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ok I can open the dsi by hand and the cable is still attached....I took the intake off and open the TB to look in side the intake manifold. When I open and closed the DSI I could see it opening/closing in side the mani. So, my guess is the module under the driver side head light is bad. Is this a correct assumption?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts