Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i've had my 02 focus 5spd for almost 2 years now... I love it and i dont plan on getting rid of it... Anyways I've had problems along the way with my engine and i see any real way to get power is to put a turbo or a Supercharger on... Well im not big on the superchargers for a 4cyl... and i see u can crank some psi numbers out with a turbo... anyway this is what i have planned and a friend to build when i start collecting parts... BTW i will not use any of the old crap off the zetec engine... that meanings sensors , plugs , wiring harness... the whole works NEW cause im tired of dealing with lil problems...
anyway

Now what im listing is small since my list is back in iraq and not on hand as im currently in kuwait coming back offa leave. anyway small list real quick

Turbo being able to run 25psi for racing but able to run down to 10psi for normal driving
Alumumin head
Cast Iron Block
Forged Pistons
Stage III cams
and a number of stuff from FRPP

Has anyone done this amount of psi on a zetec before? Im pretty sure if i dont run it at 25psi all the time it'll work and be able to tone it done to 10psi with a turbo controller... I know this is pricey... but i want my 4cyl to kick ass vs. other cars i despise cause parents bought them for there kids...

DO NOT start a FLAME THREAD in here also if u have a problem PM me and if u see something i should do msg on here and tell me... but this is my plan so far and i plan on going with it till someone else tells me otherwise... I want to be able to keep up with or beat V8's... ie mustangs cause half of my friends are running around with those currently and most people at the drag near me have those or badly tuned hondas....

Anyone feel free to post... Thanks for the time

Smitty

·
Registered
535 Posts
t3/t4 for that kind of power diversity. Or if your pockets are deeper check out the GT ball bearing turbo series.

A friend of mine has been running 22, IIRC, for almost a year. No issues for him and he runs that PSI all the time.

STG3 cams are a no go for turbo, WAY too much overlap. Better to go with a "STG 1" or turbo specific grind.

Your also going to need forged rods and ARP head/main bolts. FR head helps alot. To put all that power to the wheels, your going to have to get a Torsen LSD.

Hope that helped.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
also a new clutch, i'm pretty sure the stock one won't be able to withstand the numbers you'd be putting down.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
already have LSD in my tranny... but that as well. prolly going with the klogbox or whatever the hell it is.... and clutch... defintly... btw spec stage III clutchs suck.... just thought id throw that out there....
whats the other turbo? non ball bearing? some synthetic shit or something? read up about it awhile ago... but yeah it's been awhile

Smitty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts