Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever taken the engine hood liner off completely? If so does it damage your paint at all from heat from the engine? Or are there any cooler replacements cause the stock one is big ass eyesore! [???:)]

·
SVT Fanatic
2,615 Posts
i'm sure it wouldn't be good for the paint. i don't know about any replacements

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
My paint is fine, no issues. I check it everyday to see if things have changed but it's good so far. If there were to be an issue the liner snaps right back in requiring a few minutes time.

* forgot to add....mine wasn't painted under the liner, primer only [:0]

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Oil on the hood, must be running it hard man [:p]

Just something to add: no hood liner = much nicer intake sound for us SRI types. I think I've had my K&N for about 27,000 miles and when I removed the liner it was like hearing it for the first time.

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
Just took mine off this past weekend. It was filthy. I didn't realize how dirty it was till it was off the car. Not too worried, still have the header heat shield on. Time will tell, though. Just keep an eye on like anything else.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Now I am thinking that I will take mine off too...

Gotta be good for at least 7hp, right? *laughing.. hoping everyone knows he is kidding*

But seriously.. its fugly. So, if its not gonna hurt, I think I will just take it off....

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Dude having an odd shaped, primered area under the hood is fugly too. But I'm all about the go, less about the show [:D]

·
Registered
210 Posts
You guys have SVTFs that are not painted under hood? Anyone else have a fully painted hood? I have had mine off saince new, no problems yet. 20k miles.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I've reconsidered my previous thoughts about this... I might just go ahead and pull mine off.

What the heck, my hood has so many rock chips now anyway... (friggin gravel trucks! grr!)

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
My hood is fully painted.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
My '06 hood is fully painted and did not come with a hood liner.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
AND you are from the Shaw!

New Berin here. Congrats on the purchase... I love how the SAP looks!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The cheaper line of focus' dont have it factory and it wont hurt your paint.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^

Then off it comes!

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Make sure you are careful to catch each of the plastic pieces. I lost site of one that fell into the bay and it drove me nuts looking for it

·
I used to drive this
3,342 Posts
^^^Yeah, I dropped one of the plastic pieces deep into the abyss never to emerge form the other side. Oh well.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
^^^^^

THat happeend to me yesterday.

My Volant now is slightly growl-ier.... but just a tad. hehe. Its nice having that ugly thing off.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I have an '02 ZX5 and my hood does not have a liner and it is fully painted.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts