Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going to pick up my hatch tomorrow at a dealer not in my home town (Syracuse) I'm in Buffalo.

I know I've seen some posts about Ford originally releasing the cars with Engine Covers and then stopping for new deliveries?

Is this something I should fight for or if I want it I'd have to order / pay for it?

I want one, but I don't want to come off entitled to one unless some people have had success asking for one.

Any feedback from experience would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
472 Posts
a search would reveal several threads containing information about engine covers.

So I'm going to pick up my hatch tomorrow at a dealer not in my home town (Syracuse) I'm in Buffalo.

I know I've seen some posts about Ford originally releasing the cars with Engine Covers and then stopping for new deliveries?

Is this something I should fight for or if I want it I'd have to order / pay for it?

I want one, but I don't want to come off entitled to one unless some people have had success asking for one.

Any feedback from experience would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK I found something about Titanium only having them and that its $80 for the part, so yeah. No thanks. I'll just keep my mouth shut.

·
Registered
472 Posts
OK I found something about Titanium only having them and that its $80 for the part, so yeah. No thanks. I'll just keep my mouth shut.
LOL don't blame you a bit man. I have a titanium on order and if I don't get one with it (good chance they have discontinued them even on the titanium) I won't be picking one up either.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I checked my VIN on EITS and it showed the cover as "standard", but when the car was delivered, it didn't have it. I printed off the EITS report, gave it to the parts manager at the dealership, he ordered it and it came in the next day. Car goes in for another round of "MFT crap" on Monday, so they will put it on at that time. And no, I am not having to pay for it. FYI, my car was built on June 1, 2011.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts