Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've read a lot of info about a problem of my car, and I hope you can confirm my findings.

A few months ago due to a alarm replacement We had to remove the air intake thing with the sensor.

I think some time later when the weather was colder the car started normaly, but when driving it was sometimes shaky and at when I stopped the car the rpm's got like 2000rpm. After a few minutes of driving the car acts normal.

Now the outside temperature is a little higher. The car starts normaly, and the shaky thing is almost gone. But this morning I drove with a little bit higher RPM's at the highway. I was not speeding, but just making use of the Horsepowers.
But then, when I had a traffic stop, My food was of the gas pedal, and my car stopped. I could luckly brake and get to a safe stop.
Then I start the car, idle is fine. Drove a few meters, and again, when I got my feet from the gas, the car stopped again.

After a few KM, the car reaction was normal, idle was ok.

My questions:

- Could it be something with the air-intake (sensor) ?

- Can the display help me with any DTC code? (I don't know what DTC is)
I read this at this post

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sollution

I might have overseen something.
The iron band over the air-intake-tube was broken.
This way the tube could suck in more air, while the air-controller couldn't adjust it.

So after all it was a simple sollution.
I should have looked more carefully, but at last... I've posted a message that other can use if they have the same sympthoms.

Greetings... a happy driver!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts