Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Let me start off by saying I am not a mechanically inclined person.

However I am having problems with my 2001 ford focus SE sedan, after taking it to a shop 3 times, it is still happening, and since I can never replicate the problem for the shop, they never seem to find anything wrong.

My engine flutters and shakes 1 out of 15 start ups, really bad. If I give her a little gas for about 5 seconds, the flutter/shaking stops and everything seems normal. It feels like the engine is having a bit of trouble staying started untill I give it gas.

However one time now the check engine light came on, the next day it went out after taking it to the shop they didnt find anything wrong and there were no codes pending so the cars system must have reset itself.

This car is stock with all factory parts.

I am hoping someone here could give some insite on this problem

Perhaps the next time I go to the shop I will be able to tell the mechanic to check a specific part of the engine.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Next time it flutters and shakes, just let it do it. It might stumble around long enough to trigger a definite code for you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts