Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new guy here and yes I've already done a bunch of searches on a lot of the different forums here. Came up empty. Please help me.

What i'm after is the exterior measurements of the Duratec engine, you know, top of air cleaner to bottom of pan, center line of crank to top of engine and bottom of pan, width measurements, and weight of engine. Just give me a link or point me in right direction. Also, engine cutaway drawings of pics would be a great help.

Mike

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I didn't see you had answered my question. I looked allover the Burton site but was unable to find the information I am after. I have used Burton Power parts in the past on a Cosworth BDA that I raced in the Denver area. They have excellent parts. Any where else I might find the information i'm after?

Scenicrusier - Mike

Registered
You have asked for the virtually impossible. Even giving any numbers could be a severe disservice to you as there are at least 3 or 4 (and likely more) of every single measurement you call for there as no engine on earth is simply dead even across the bottom, or the sides, or the top, ad infinitum............there will even be more than one engine weight depending on the various power setups.

This thread is like the commercial where the guy asks his friend if he knows anyone who does home improvement then when the guy mistakenly says he might the other guy tells him to give him what would be a weeks' worth of free effort.

And why you came up empty. The 'please' is not enough to give you all that, not nearly.

Prissy about it too.........

'Sorry I didn't see you had answered my question.'

He did exactly as you asked....

'Just give me a link...'

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry AMC49 that I didn't make my question a little more clear. I do not need, at this time, exacting measurements, down to 0.000. Maybe I should have asked it the motor would fit in a box (L) 3 feet by (W) 1 1/2 feet by (H) 2 feet. I was just looking for some rough measurements. Anyway, I got the info I needed by going to the nearest Ford dealer in another town, armed with tape measure and got the info I was after.

And i'm not clear about your comment
Prissy about it too......鈥 Could you please explain?

Registered
'Anyway, I got the info I needed by going to the nearest Ford dealer in another town, armed with tape measure and got the info I was after.'

You were headed that way anyway, just didn't know it yet............what I meant.

The top of air cleaner (not even mounted to engine at all, duct only), and the crank centerline location do not come into any LxWxH measurement either. Bringing that up simply confused the issue more.

Luck.............

1 - 7 of 7 Posts