Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

Here is the low down, was driving along the road and then all of a sudden I heard like something popped. Looked in my rearview mirror and saw a trail of coolant behind the car. Then all of a sudden I hear the egine start to sputter and then the car dies. I start the car up again but it doesn't turn over. The engine light is on as well as the battery light, and the oil light. I poppped the hood to see that there was a water mark on the top of the hood and the top of the coolant reservoir was slack. After towing it back to my yard, I thought that maybe the circuit was shorterd and I tested the relays and fuses and they all seemed to be fine, the relays clicked and the fuses do not look blown. So I'm at a lost where to start, I just want anyone to give me an opinion as where I should really start before I just start dissecting one by one

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Did you repair the damaged coolant hose?
If not, start there.

The engine, battery and oil lights being on is normal until the engine is running. During cranking all 3 are generally lit up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I replaced the coolant hose, forgot to mention that above. Just don't want to jump in head first and start pulling out things unnecessarily

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I have tested the ignition, and the wiring. Ignition coil gives the proper resistance readings. The lines to the alternator and starter all give a resistance. Voltage carries across the battery properly. I found a bad spark plug wire, and its in the number 1 position....could this be the reason for the car not starting??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts