Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that at the bottom of the windshield; the plastic piece (engine cowl) that holds the exterior air filters has a warp or has popped loose from the windshield (located near the center of the windshield) creating a gap large enough for water to drain into it instead of over it. I tried popping it back into place but it keeps popping up by itself. Seems like the engine heat warped it or something.

Anyway the dealer has ordered a new one to be replaced when they get the part. Hope they don't have to take my hood off to fix it but I have confidence that it will get done correctly (I hope!).

Just wondered if anyone else has noticed this gap or warp in the engine cowl. Will update results from the repair when completed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
should be replaceable without the removal of the hood,
just pushpins and screws if its anything like other cars ive taken it off of. no need to worry there really isn't anyway to mess it up its very straight forward.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks currentlyabsent, I feel better knowing that they shouldn't have to remove the hood. Looks like the wiper arms will need to come off but that should be no big deal.
Maybe the extra heat from a trip I made to Palm Springs on a 115 deg day caused the warp? No biggie seems like it should be an easy fix so we'll see.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts