Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
i dont think so. you would be better off getting a mazda 3 engine cover and modding it for ur car

·
I'm Back!
2,304 Posts
^^Just beat me!
I don't think it would work (guessing) Ztec and Dtec don't mix, maybe with some modding???? I guess the coil-over pluge maybe an issue?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
it'll work but it'll only benefit if you get it powder coated sinse its metal.

i personally dont like engine covers...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
if by ST cover you mean the metal valve cover then yes it will fit, however a valve cover and an engine cover are 2 different things, an engine cover is a decorative (usually plastic) cover that hides the ugly mess that is the engine, whereas a valve cover is the actual cover of the camshafts and valves and contains the oil. The 2.3L has a metal one whereas the 2.0L has a composite plastic valve cover

the SVT doesn't have an engine cover nor will its valve cover or coil cover fit the duratec, the Mazda3 cover will fit and many people have done it.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
then yes the 2.3L (ST) one will work on yours

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
As said, the 2.3 and 2.0 duratec engine VALVE covers are interchangeable.

But honestly your better off just painting your original cover to your hearts desire, or maybe flat silver to match a stock 2.3's cover. My 2.3's metal valve cover is painted blue so...

And i may be wrong here, but wouldnt the 2.0's plastic cover weight less then the metal 2.3's? That might be something to consider even if it is only a couple of pounds.

·
Registered
100 Posts
i have an 07 st and my valve cover is not metal. it is the plastic one.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
The way I knew it was that the 03-04 dtecs had the aluminum valve cover whereas all from then on, 2.0 and 2.3 had the plastic ones.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
hmm really? well the aluminum one on mine stains very easily and requires a lot of upkeep to look nice unless you polish it, whereas the plastic one is, well, plastic, and is practically indestructible...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
no that wouldn't fit mine, is that the mazda one?

i'm talking about the physical plastic cover on the mazda motor, as in this piece:

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The reason I was asking about this is that I've seen threads about wire tucks and thought about how the SVT valve cover has that narrow cover to cover up the spark plugs and make things look nice and neat. Willl the spark plug cover work with the ST cover?

1 - 20 of 61 Posts