Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i drive a 2002 svt. Ever since i bought the car a year ago, there has been a chattering sound coming from the engine when i let off the gas. you can especially feel it when i shift at about 6,500 rpms as i let off the gas there is a chattering sound coming from the right side of the engine/belt area. listning in the engine, it sounds like it is coming from under/behind the coolant reservoir or like under the intake manifold. ive seen people saying things about tensioner pulley but im not sure. any suggestions? it just happens when i rev the engine and let off the gas.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
belt tensioner and idler pulley. Okay, and they are both on the serpentine belt right? the timing belt was done once but its due for a changing.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
belt tensioner and idler pulley. Okay, and they are both on the serpentine belt right? the timing belt was done once but its due for a changing.
When you do the t/b add a t/b tensioner.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Noises from that side, and belts/tensioners/idlers due for a change = take it easy on it & do the maint. ASAP.

Check for other possible problems when it's apart for the maint..

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
awesome, thanks for the advice guys! Idler pulley, belt tensioner, timing belt and throttle body tensioner. sounds like a good list.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
naah they're good. its not a vibration from a mount, more of an engine chatter when i shift at high rpm's

1 - 11 of 11 Posts