Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so after searching the archives I could not find anything that exactly matched my problem with the SVT motor. Basically when the motor is idling i hear a chattering noise or ticking, I realize this could be a valve problem. Is there anything else it could be?? How concerned should I be? I know I have to get the timing belt changed I'm at 90K and I was changed at 35k by the previous owner (dont know why they did it so soon). Also the noise speeds up as my rpm's go up and it finally gets to the point where my motor drowns it out.
Seems like the svt is starting to make all sorts of noises all of a sudden [smackbum]

·
Registered
2,929 Posts
It's possible that it's clutch chatter. Try checking to see if you have an aftermarket clutch. It's a common thing. Also, does it stop when you push the clutch in?

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
what yo crew said. and My SVT has always been noisy. do you have a camera that takes video with sound? if so post up a Video of it so we can listen. but my SVT has always ticked. and i bought it new.

one other thing to go off of what Yo Crew said. push in the clutch adn see if it goes away. if it does you have the clutch chatter issue if not then it is something else or it is just the sound of the solid lifter buckets of the valve train. just a sound all the SVTs make.

·
Registered
251 Posts
either clutch or valve shatter.
for valve chatter you can try running thicker oil, but not to thick.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts