Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(UPDATE) Engine build thread and Head porting (pics)

Hey guys well i found a SVT block for cheap so i decided to pick it up and build it. This block is built with Supertech Pistons, Eagle connecting rods, Clevite race bearings, Clutch masters stage 4 clutch, and a clutchmasters light weight aluminum flywheel. Now the Head Is ported and polished by me. i took my head too my local engine machine shop who boared and honed my block and they said the porting looked great. [grinking]

Also for some of you that dont know this is going on my turboed focus it has a custom tubular amnifold made by me and a turbonetics GT-K 450

·
Registered
206 Posts
Very nice!

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
Ya, u did a really good job on the porting!!!

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks guys and we will see how everything works together after i get it broke in and Tom tunes it :)

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o and i will take pictures of the intake side porting when i get the head back. i didnt have my camera before i took it too them

·
Get The Hammer!
1,687 Posts
Its not too late to unshroud those valves and polish the chamber right?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Can you do a write up on your build? (y'know for us noobs that would love to build our first engine?) I never see a howto on rebuilding/building the Zetec. Only for V8s

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
looks great... keep it up along with more pics

·
Registered
807 Posts
ya you didn't even use arp mains, I've seen stockers last til 300whp, and I've seen them break at 200whp . I'd get some arp's if I was you.

·
FF Affiliate
30,932 Posts
Can you do a write up on your build? (y'know for us noobs that would love to build our first engine?) I never see a howto on rebuilding/building the Zetec. Only for V8s
No please donT , It isnt a bolt it togather deal , My bet is there isnt 2 people on this forum that have the proper tools to build an engine

Dial bore Gauge
The ability and tools to set the proper bearing clearances , Piston clearances , Ring Gap , Adjust deck clearances and rod length for proper end compression
A way to polish and check crank sizes , bore sizes , big and small end on the rods and mains housings and I could go on and on

Most dont even reline bore there block after installing main studs or hone the blocks with deckplates or check for block distortion when using head studs , Most dont cut the deck to squair the block from one end to the other we have seen them off by as much as .010

No please dont do a how to on building any engine

Tom

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Tom i will not do a engine right up because you are right about all of that and luckily my block was not distorted at all my machine shop checked it also i do have arp head studs i jus havent installed them and about the billet main yes ik i should of got them but i ran a little short on money. but i will have more pics when my head gets back woohoo :)

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks alot Tim it was pretty fun right now the old engine is out of the car :)

·
Banned
47 Posts
What did the machine shop work charge? I was thinking about putting together another block with eh parts i have laying around and wanted to get a price figure what i'm looking at with all teh machine work.

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i had a sleeve put in too but all together with all the machining done and the pistons custom fitted it was 200.00

·
Premium Member
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ya james i really like it

1 - 20 of 161 Posts