Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i have had a on going problem with the oxygen sensor right at the catalytic converter. It shorted off the heat shield on my 2000 spi focus wagon and [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)] the whole system up. melted wires the whole deal. So i replaced the whole wiring harness and now the computer doesn;t get any fault codes but when im driving along the highway and i need to put my petal to the floor. the car bogs down. It revs really high and slows down......... i hope you understand what im saying its so weird. but if i slowly press the gas the car will slowly going faster.

2nd problem. The rad hose that connects from the thermostat housing to the rad has blown through 3 times now. If i dont use a o ring to fasen it to the housing and the rad the line will pop off with those compression fittings stock from ford. I am going to pull all the coolant out again today and do what i read. fill the coolant tank premixed to full and run the car. i think that there might be air in the system still. so i am going to attempt to bleed it again.

if you guys have been through this or have any idea what it might be please let me know

cheers
Douglas from freezing god damn canada ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
so i have taken off the hoses to the heater core and put 60 psi of compressed air and blew out all the rust and garbage. so now its clean and nothing can be blocking it.

if i run the car at high rpm the car does become warmer. So its leading me to think its the water pump... ya?

·
Registered
3 Posts
or could be your themostat is only opening part way as well.
water pump failure totally u would hear an audiable noise from that erea.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Sounds like your car is over-heating because of poor coolant circulation. The resulting pressure could affect the hoses.

A sticking thermostat could do that....or the impeller of the water pump could be rusted away. That reduces the volume of coolant circulation, causing poor heater performance, and over-heating.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts