Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious about what is the best upgrades to make under my hood look as new and nice as possible any links u guys can give me to head me in the right direction? Thanks

·
Registered
215 Posts
X2 Some ARMOR-ALL will really make her pop!!

A good tune-up, maintenance, a quiet exhaust, and air conditioning tune-up, and programming your favorite radio music stations really impress the ladies.

Cleanliness is pure joy!

·
Super Moderator
12,910 Posts
MSD is useless. The stock coil provides enough spark for most applications that you will ever need on a Focus. The only way I would replace the stock unit is if it had gone bad and you found an MSD coil pack for dirt cheap. Other than that, just stick with what you have.

·
Registered
170 Posts
MSD is useless. The stock coil provides enough spark for most applications that you will ever need on a Focus. The only way I would replace the stock unit is if it had gone bad and you found an MSD coil pack for dirt cheap. Other than that, just stick with what you have.
MSD, really?
Mine runs 100% better and mpg went up too when I upgraded.
Maybe I had a bad coil pack, but the idle is smoother and throttle response is quicker.
This may sound funny, but the Iintake is quieter.

·
Premium Member
50,838 Posts
Coil is one item where "good enough" really is adequate.

If it's not up to the task, a replacement that is will help. Once you've got one that does the job, "better" makes no difference.

·
Super Moderator
12,910 Posts
MSD, really?
Mine runs 100% better and mpg went up too when I upgraded.
Maybe I had a bad coil pack, but the idle is smoother and throttle response is quicker.
This may sound funny, but the Iintake is quieter.
A bad coil pack would cause those symptoms you are talking about. There are several people on here with forced induction on their cars and they are just using the stock coil pack. The only thing you are doing is lightening your wallet a bit. I bought my MSD coil pack for cheap and that's the only reason I have one. Other than that, I would have stuck with the stock one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.