Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need info on what engine and tranny would be best to swap for a 2004 focus se with the 2.0 duratec, want to sport it out and make it look nice!

Thanks

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
2004 should have a 2.0 zetec engine, unless you have a 2.3 duratec.....

also, what type of transmission do you have? manual or automatic. If you want to sport out an automatic, you might look into the lentech transmission, they're expensive though, but the only way to put power down with an automatic and have it last. Depending on the power you want, a new clutch and flywheel, as well as an LSD would be beneficial for a manual.

If you want to add some pep to the engine for a daily driver, DD, look in the respective engine forum and they have stickies for different upgrades, pros and cons. But, the best bang for the buck with power comes by the way of turbo or supercharger (superchargers are only for zetec engines) and can require extensive engine modification if your going for high power

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o yea gotcha on the type of engine, guess i had my friends car on my mind at the time and accidentally wrote that. well right now its automatic, but i was thinking of maual cause my old truck was and i would really like another manual. And yea was thinkng a turbo over supercharger, think i got the one i was goin to get for that. Is there any way of maybe putting the svt engine in it? I figured that would be the best swap for it. Or is there something that would be better?

Thanks

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
To swap in a manual on a car that was originally an auto is going to be tedious. Search around these forums and you will find all of the answers you need on this subject.

Swaping in an SVT engine requires some contemplation. You will need 1. engine 2. ECU and harness and 3. tranny. Now, you can buy the SVT block and build as you like with a FRPP head because the SVT engine has oil squirter's for the cams and mate it to the mtx-75 manual tranny from a regular zx3.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts